This week in baseball blogs…
- Chin Music Baseball evaluates potential landing spots for Bryce Harper, District On Deck handicaps the race for Harper, and The Runner Sports asks if the Yankees should consider signing Harper to play first base.
- Prospect Universe polls readers on whether Paul Goldschmidt or Nolan Arenado is the more desirable trade target.
- Wander Rays wonders if Tampa Bay should pursue Tigers slugger Nicholas Castellanos.
- Know Hitter, Bronx To Bushville and Pinstriped Prospects react to the James Paxton trade.
- Reviewing The Brew identifies Josh Donaldson as a free-agent possibility for the Brewers.
- Angelswin.com continues its offseason primer series for the Halos.
- Hardball Via Hardcore has several offseason ideas for the Mariners.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed proposes trades involving Noah Syndergaard and Zack Greinke.
- East Village Times highlights three offseason moves the Padres should make.
- The Point of Pittsburgh regards Giants relievers Will Smith and Tony Watson as sensible targets for the Pirates.
- Tomahawk Take names 15 bargain free agents the Braves could pursue.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2, 3) lists teams that could trade for Goldschmidt, looks at Carlos Santana’s future, and predicts awards winners for 2019.
- Angels Avenue offers a performance review of the Halos’ 2018 outfielders.
- Jays From the Couch ponders Russell Martin’s future.
- Foul Territory looks back on Jacob deGrom’s NL Cy Young-winning season.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses World Series-winning clubs, deGrom’s place in the NL MVP race and Adrian Beltre.
- Rising Apple sees deGrom as one of a few reasons for Mets fans to be thankful this holiday season.
- PhilliesNation and Everything Bluebirds each have pieces on Roy Halladay’s Hall of Fame chances, while SportsRadio 94 WIP opines that Scott Rolen should make it into Cooperstown.
- The Fro Zone argues that Miguel Andujar should have won AL Rookie of the Year honors.
- The First Out At Third reviews the 2018 projections for the Brewers’ hitters.
- Mets Critic wants the club to hire a bench coach with NL managerial experience.
- Motor City Bengals recaps the Arizona Fall League from the Tigers’ perspective.
- The Runner Sports profiles Astros pitching prospect Bryan Abreu.
- Rox Pile focuses on potential candidates for the openings on the Rockies’ staff.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2Rfpfhe