This week in baseball blogs…
- The 3rd Man In argues that the Angels must trade Mike Trout this offseason.
- Rox Pile comes up with a few trades centering on Nolan Arenado.
- Chin Music Baseball notes that Marwin Gonzalez’s trip to free agency will be an intriguing one.
- NatsGM (podcast) talks with agent Joshua Kusnick, discussing Brodie Van Wagenen and other topics.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at how free agency relates to behavioral economics.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) asks who will acquire J.T. Realmuto, and takes a look at closers the Phillies could acquire.
- Reviewing the Brew wonders if the Brewers could land Realmuto.
- The Sports Tank pays tribute to the world champion Red Sox.
- Jays From the Couch is encouraged by superstar prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s defensive progress.
- Angels Avenue analyzes the 2018 performance of the Halos’ rotation and looks ahead to 2019.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed has an offseason plan for the Yankees.
- Motor City Bengals offers an early projection of the Tigers’ 25-man roster.
- Tomahawk Take lists five free agents the Braves should pursue.
- Sox On 35th lists a few reasons for optimism regarding Chicago’s rebuild.
- Everything Bluebirds believes the Blue Jays did right by Steve Pearce.
- Stats Swipe argues that the Mets are the most dysfunctional franchise in MLB.
- East Village Times wants the Padres to go after Blue Jays righty Aaron Sanchez.
- PhilliesNation examines Chase Utley’s Hall of Fame case.
- The Giants Cove explains that San Francisco’s next head of baseball operations will walk into a difficult situation.
- Mets Daddy names the worst free-agent signings in club history.
- Notes from the Sally previews the 2019 Asheville Tourists, the Rockies’ South Atlantic League club.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) evaluates Joe Mauer’s playoff legacy, and profiles top Astros pitching prospect Forrest Whitley.
- Friars On Base lists players the Padres could jettison from their 40-man roster this offseason.
- The K Zone delves into Gabe Kapler’s history.
- Foul Territory (podcast) discusses the World Series, Brett Gardner and Realmuto, among other topics.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2CXqc9L