This week in baseball blogs…
- theScore talks with Justin Verlander as he gears up for another postseason.
- Bronx to Bushville pays tribute to David Wright.
- Pinstriped Prospects asks if the Yankees should use an opener in the wild-card game.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) expects Joe Mauer to retire, and compares last year’s Astros to this season’s.
- Motor City Bengals says goodbye to Victor Martinez.
- True Grich praises Mike Scioscia at what could be the end of his Angels tenure.
- The K Zone profiles the Cecchini brothers, former top prospects whose careers haven’t gone according to plan.
- Hardball via Hardcore presents an offseason plan for the Mariners.
- Mets Daddy believes Jacob deGrom should take home NL MVP honors.
- Foul Territory hands out awards for the worst performances of 2018.
- Minor League Ball (links: 1, 2) focuses on the best first and second base prospects who figure to debut in 2019.
- Armchair All-Americans explains that the Pirates have plenty of reasons for optimism going into next year.
- Everything Bluebirds laments the Blue Jays’ decision to keep Josh Donaldson last winter.
- Friars on Base lists the Padres’ likeliest offseason trade candidates.
- The Pinch Runner names catchers the Brewers could pursue in the offseason.
- Phillies Nation examines the balance the club has between potential and performance.
- Rising Apple offers some historical comps for the seasons of Brandon Nimmo, Jeff McNeill, Seth Lugo and Zack Wheeler.
- Chin Music Baseball writes that Khris Davis is the game’s “most underrated slugger.”
- Rox Pile praises the Rockies for their resiliency.
- Call to the Pen looks at the Phillies’ bullpen going into the offseason.
- Jays From the Couch sees an opportunity for Toronto to change its offensive identity.
- Extra Innings UK (links: 1, 2, 3) breaks down fall instructional camp rosters, looking at players from unusual places.
- Mets Critic isn’t too optimistic about the club’s direction heading into the winter.
- Jays Journal spotlights John McDonald, a potential candidate to become Toronto’s next manager.
- Rotisserie Duck has a tribute to Yogi Berra.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors https://ift.tt/2NUyu8O