This week in baseball blogs…
- Expos Reloaded urges MLB to add multiple expansion teams.
- Nyrdcast searches for the causes of the slow free-agent market and the increase in arbitration hearings this offseason.
- Pop Fly Baseball names the most underrated team in each league.
- Pirates Breakdown reacts to David Freese’s critical assessment of the club.
- BP Toronto notices a trend with respect to pitchers the Blue Jays have signed to MLB contracts in recent offseasons.
- Know Hitter agrees with the Giants’ win-now approach.
- Stats Swipe analyzes Lance Lynn.
- Camden Depot weighs in on the Orioles’ signing of Andrew Cashner.
- Good Fundies compares new Met Todd Frazier to Jason Kipnis, whom they nearly acquired.
- Chin Music Baseball lists six dark-horse MVP candidates for 2018.
- The K Zone looks for the secret to Pirates pitching coach Ray Searage’s success.
- World Series Dreaming explains how the Cubs could divvy up innings with various rotation setups.
- Baseball Takes argues against the notion that the Indians’ window is closing.
- Call to the Pen names three Phillies entering make-or-break seasons.
- Clubhouse Corner touches on labor unrest and teams that could be in for rough years.
- Underthought looks beyond the traditional saves stat to determine how closers performed in 2017.
- STL Hat Trick has five reasons for optimism regarding the Cardinals’ offseason.
- Motor City Bengals, using Baseball Reference’s player comparison tools, predicts how each Tiger will fare this year.
- Hardball Via Hardcore shares its Mariners spring training preview.
- Dodgers Way offers a position-by-position breakdown of the team’s farm system.
- The Point of Pittsburgh explains why the Pirates may not be able to extend Josh Bell or Jameson Taillon.
- Puckett’s Pond is OK with the Twins coming up short in the Yu Darvish sweepstakes.
- District On Deck lists five spring training storylines for the Nationals.
- Jays Journal looks at PECOTA and FanGraphs projections for Toronto.
- DiNardo’s Dugout (podcast) discusses the Cubs’ new-look rotation and other subjects.
- The Sports Tank expects Rick Porcello to bounce back this year.
- Rox Pile highlights two things already learned about the Rockies this spring.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2, 3, 4) responds to the Twins’ Jake Odorizzi pickup, ranks the A’s top 25 prospects, delves into some recent Justin Verlander comments, and reacts to Goose Gossage’s bashing of Yankees GM Brian Cashman.
- NY Yankees Digest predicts the AL award winners for 2018.
- The Junkball Daily ranks the top 10 third basemen from 2017.
- The 3rd Man In profiles and interviews draft prospect Griffin Conine, son of former major leaguer Jeff Conine.
- Big Three Sports talks with Vancouver Canadians pitching coach Jim Czajkowski about Blue Jays prospect Nate Pearson.
- East Village Times interviews Padres pitching prospect Nick Margevicius.
- Pinstriped Prospects names seven non-40-man Yankees who could debut in the majors this year.
- Notes from the Sally previews the West Virginia Power, the Pirates’ South Atlantic League affiliate.
- Rotisserie Duck uses SABR Defensive Index to see if the right players won Gold Gloves last season.
- Jays From the Couch has high expectations for young catcher Danny Jansen.
- The Giants Cove calls the team’s front office an “embarrassing circus.”
- Keith’s Mustache projects the Mets’ season-opening roster, while Bronx Bomber Ball does the same with the Yankees.
- Everything Bluebirds sees Curtis Granderson as the Blue Jays’ best leadoff option.
- Mets Daddy believes the club needs to add another reliever capable of handling left-handed hitters.
Extra Innings UK wraps up the week’s headlines and articles in international baseball.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com
from MLB Trade Rumors http://ift.tt/2sFEVmd